Saturday, June 12, 2010

Before the dawn

This is what my feet look like at the lake at 5:40 a.m. Not bad, huh? I mean, they’re vertical. Or is it I’m vertical and they’re horizontal. Either way, my feet and I were there at the lake at 5:40 a.m. So it is now official, well, even more official. I’m now officially training for the White Rock Marathon. Now there are people who will hold me accountable, and will expect me to do the same for them. I’m no longer on this road on my own. The next big step will be conquering my treadmill addiction. Or crutch, maybe it’s a treadmill crutch. I’ll make an effort to get on the road more often, that’s all I can promise for now.

Tomorrow morning is race time! I think I’ll get to sleep in a little. 4:40 came pretty early today. Maybe I can sleep in until 5:15! “Oklahoma!” rehearsals after a 3 miler will feel a lot different from “Oklahoma!” rehearsals after 13. Hope my legs hold up!

177 days, 963 miles to go

No comments:

Post a Comment