Monday, June 22, 2009

All Things New

We had a weekend full of new things. Mike and I made sushi on Friday night which was not only a lot of fun, but rather tasty too. We got out some cute china that we got when we got married and actually ate at the dining room table! It was a great change from the usual in-front-of-the-TV ritual. We even had so much fun we tried again on Saturday (that, and we had way too much left over. Next time I’ll shop better!)


Learning new things can be hard sometimes though. I’ve been trying out new wheat-free cookie recipes, and Sunday I made one of the most tragic batches of cookies I’ve ever seen. In an attempt to learn a new recipe, I tried a new variation on a cookie recipe I had. I made a new flour mix that I’d wanted to try for a while. How could things go so wrong? The cookies didn’t rise. They became one giant, thin wafer, and in an attempt to salvage them and make them more cookie-like, I tried to fold them together and let them firm up. I really just came out with scrambled cookies. Bless Mike’s heart, he took one look at them and said they’d be great crumbled over ice cream. At least, even when things go wrong, they can at least be funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment