Wednesday, July 22, 2009

You Can’t Put a Child in the Backseat (and other such delusions)

I’ve been kidding myself lately. I’ve been telling myself I’m too busy. I’ve been too tired to play. Working too hard to rest.

Obviously it has been a while since I’ve blogged. To be honest… not because I haven’t had time, just because I haven’t prioritized it. I finished up with the production of “Annie” on Sunday and am finally getting back into my routine. And, as I was trying to get back into that routine my boss told me to take some personal time off. What?! Not work. Don’t people realize how important I am? I can’t not work. I have LOTS to do.

But she insisted. Then, my friend and shepherd, Kathryn, had to jump in and treat me to a pedicure. OK. I get it. You have to take care of yourself sometimes.

So, I took the morning off and treated myself to a luscious, relaxing milk and honey pedicure. Not only do my feet look great… they’re about as smooth as a baby’s…

Anyway… You know what… the world didn’t end. Huh! How about that! Maybe I can take a little personal time. And, maybe some other delusions I’ve convinced myself might be wrong too. Maybe. We’ll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment