Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Fan the Flames

I had a dramatic realization yesterday… we might be getting too old for cupcakes. It’s hard fitting four candles on one small cupcake. And honestly, it hadn’t hit me that I’d need four candles until last night. But, after a small (ok… very large) breakdown, I squeezed four little candles on my little strawberry cupcake.


As I sit here today, looking at the picture of those sweet little candles a song from my youth is flowing through my head.
Light the fire
In my weary soul
Fan the flame
Make my spirit whole
Lord, you know
Just where I’ve been
So light the fire in my heart again.


I’m just grateful that my heart still burns with this much passion. There is pain. God knows it. I know it. But I have so much love and joy in my life. Those are undoubtedly gifts from God to make my spirit whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment