Sunday, July 18, 2010

Falling off the surrey

I promise I have not fallen off the wagon. The past couple of weeks, with dress rehearsals and performances, have left little time for self reflection and blogging, but I’ve been getting some limited weekday miles in and making my Saturday group runs. Last weekend we breezed through 7.5 miles. Yesterday I clogged out 9 miles – I think it was at least 90 plus humidity, blazing sun and level orange smog – and didn’t even finish last in my group. It’s the small victories, I guess. Of course, Saturday morning was painful on more than just the my-legs-only-pounded-out-seven-miles-this-week way. After our Friday night performance, which Mike and Jeff came to, I climbed into bed after 12:30. I set the alarm clock for 4:30 and prayed for sleep. We were awoken at 2:30 to flashing lights in our bedroom window. I didn’t hear sirens, so I was pretty confident our house wasn’t on fire, but I wasn’t sure about the neighbor’s. Turns out it was just a tow truck – an obnoxious and inconsiderate one, but just a tow truck. Okay, not a fire. Back to sleep.

I only mention this all as a reminder to myself the when “Quilters” rolls around in a couple of months and I’m thinking about auditioning I remember the long nights and difficulty finding time to run. Those training miles mid week are invaluable in keeping me on track, both mentally and physically.

On a positive note, I am officially registered for White Rock! I submitted my registration with a 4:30 goal finish. So, I guess that makes me all in. Finish line here I come!

Tonight’s the final performance of “Oklahoma!” and I’m ready to get back into my routine. But it’s certainly going to require me to work past those little excuses. I know that life can get busy and schedules can feel too crowded, but knowing that I’m on my way to achieving a major goal in my life – that should be enough to keep me moving one foot forward at a time.

140 days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment