Monday, August 10, 2009

Rocks

I've been thinking a lot lately about rocks. The kind you build upon. The kind that weigh you down. The kind you want to throw in anger. The kind you want to skip gently along the surface to pass peaceful time.

Lots of rocks.

Maybe it’s age. Maybe it’s just transitioning. But more important to me than I’ve ever noticed before is the quality of other people in my life. Are those around me the strong rocks I can build my life around and upon? How can I build up a better protective fortress?

I started Bible study tonight with a group of girls from my church group, and because God is nothing but a subtle nudger, the selected passage was from the Book of Samuel – the story of Hannah.

And as Hannah prayed, ‘There is no Rock like our God.

No comments:

Post a Comment