Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Sorry, No Refunds

No one said being a wife would be easy. So last night when it came time for “wife duty” and I had to be a sudden seamstress, I actually wondered for a brief moment if Mike was having buyer’s remorse. It seemed simple and routine. Take patch. Sew on karate outfit. (Sorry Honey, gi. It’s called a gi. Not pajamas. Not costume. Gi.)

Simple. Right?

Right..... My sewing machine had never reduced me to tears before last night. I found myself talking to the machine. Yes- out loud. Please sew, you stupid thing. No don’t break. Stupid bobbin thread.

Well. You get what you pay for. Sorry Mike. And if he wants a refund… sorry, you get what you pay for. At least I can cook. Maybe he’ll keep me if I make up for the patch with a batch of cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment