Thursday, May 27, 2010

Day 3

Today, in my Nike inbox, I had a message. “Congratulations on passing 500 miles! Keep on running!” It’s completely amazing to think that I’ve already reached that marker after starting running in the fall of last year. When I think back to my first day of “running” all I can remember is how bad I was and how little I felt I’m accomplished.
August 28, 2009 – I remember setting out to complete two miles – down to the little pond and back. I walked about ¾ of a mile then jogged the rest. My pace: 12 minutes, 34 seconds per mile. That was 26 minutes and 15 seconds of wondering if I’d made a huge mistake. But I kept on pushing myself. If I did .2 miles running on Monday, I wanted to do .25 miles of running Tuesday. Mainly I never gave up. I knew that the only thing that could keep me from finishing the 10K I was originally training for was me. So today I celebrate and just keep on running.

No comments:

Post a Comment