Friday, May 28, 2010

Rest

A day of rest. In the midst of training, in the midst of life, we all need time to rest. We’re headed into a holiday weekend. An extra day off and time to renew. Last week, between the final week of the show (I was in a play called “Anatomy of Gray”) and the full load at work, I let busyness overwhelm me. I neglected time with my husband and time with myself. My training schedule went out the window. My routine went out the window. And guess what, so did my spirit. I could tell I didn’t have the same life in me.

The art of balance is such an evasive dream. We aspire to be everything to everyone. Ultimately, I must, we all must, surrender to that fictitious divinity. I can only ever be me. I can push myself to be stronger, to endure more, to be more. I can push myself to be faster, smarter, sharper, more alert. But I cannot ever be perfect. Not in this life.

And so, to be stronger, I rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment