Thursday, August 5, 2010

Because my life is more than just running, I’m often forced to balance my schedule of work and home with my training routine. Just like anyone else out there who moves and breathes at the same time, I am often forced to make choices, to find my true priorities in life. As we’re getting closer to the audition dates for “Quilters”, I’ve been trying to decide if my mental and emotional capacity could withstand the additional load. I know that work will be very busy as we go into the annual finance campaign and I know that my mileage will keep getting steeper as the Rock gets closer. I was really struggling with whether or not I should even audition.

And then, because sometimes God knows we need help making decisions, Mike found out his reunion date – October 8 – which happens to be the final performance date of the show. So, it looks like we’ll be headed to San Francisco so I don’t have to head to auditions. Problem solved, right?

Sure… except now I have the overwhelming problem of focusing on what reunions mean. My 10th will follow Mike’s 20th by one week. Do I have far too many forehead wrinkles for a 28-year old? Have I accomplished everything I should have in 10 years? Am I the kind of woman people expected Mike to show up with at his 20th? Does any of that even matter? I’m sure the latter is the most important, but I’ve always been hyper focused on other people’s opinions.

To things I can control… I’ve found some great running routes in San Francisco and even an 8K race on the Sunday we’ll be there. Tonight I’m looking forward to a nighttime run around the lake. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment