Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Cleansing thoughts

In no thanks part to my morning sludgery, yesterday I was forced to take my daily run to the afternoon streets. 15-minute warm up, 6 hill repeats, 30-min cool down, no less than 105 degrees. Even keeping to the shade – that was hot. When I was asked how my run was, the only word that came to mind was “cleansing”.

 
I’m pretty sure, if given the chance and proper hydration, I could sweat every negative thought and emotion out of my body. It was almost therapeutic. I almost enjoyed it. Almost.

And because I decided just five more minutes when my alarm went off at 4:40, I get a chance to do it all over again today. So, for my quick 55-minute jaunt down the Katy Trail, I will be channeling visions of saunas and relaxing spas and thinking about how cold it’s going to be on race morning in December. All I know is after barely making it through last Saturday’s training run, I will not fall behind. I may, however, reconsider this whole sleeping in thing – at some point the extra sleep just won’t be worth it.

Tomorrow is t-minus four months, but I’m still six weeks away from my next race. It’s time to get focused. It’s time to sweat away all the excuses and just run.

No comments:

Post a Comment