Friday, May 8, 2009

Rainbows

I have really struggled with smiling this week. Personal junk and work junk have been playing havoc on my spirit this week, and every day I get closer to Sunday and closer to a day I am really dreading this year. This year might be the hardest yet.

As I was washing some dishes this morning, I squeezed the dish soap into my favorite pink travel mug and then set the soap back down. Suddenly up popped dozens of little bubbles. They floated up and danced around my face and I realized I was smiling. I reached out and caught one on my finger and its own little rainbow ushered in a little brightness to my day.


It feels so good to smile. But even as I sit here typing my eyes still burn as I fight back tears. I’ll be better soon, I tell myself. At least I can still find some rainbows in my day.

1 comment:

  1. I love you so much! You are one of the strongest women in my life. I cannot imagine how tough this time must be for you, but always remember that the decisions you make create the wonderful life you have now. While we struggle to find the light through tough times we must learn to lean on those around us, and focus on the small things like trying to smile. It is ok to be sad sometime! I love you with all my heart and I hope every year gets a little easier; but that you will always remember and grow into your own! The time will come when starting a family of your own is right. God has a plan we just have to believe things will fall in place.

    ReplyDelete