Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Tomorrow!

In honor of “Annie” auditions tonight, I thought I should take time to reflect. Hum along if you’d like.

It’s a hard knock life some times!
It’s a hard-knock life some times!
'Steada fairy tales, We get junk!

'Steada floating, We get sunk! It's the hard-knock life!

But… The sun'll come out tomorrow.
There’s no need to worry ‘bout tomorrow.
There'll be sun!

Just thinkin' about tomorrow
Clears away the teardrops and the burdens
'Til there's none!

I've been stuck in some days
That're gray and lonely,
But if I stick out my chin
And grin and say, ...

You know you're never fully dressed
Without a smile!

You shouldn’t care what they're wearing
In Uptown or in the ‘burbs,
It's what you wear from ear to ear
And not from head to toe.

“Annie” is certainly a fun story with some great life lessons we can all learn. Even though there will be hard times, you can’t let life get you down. Things will turn around… and if you smile along the way… you’ll often trick yourself into finding happiness along the way!

And whether it’s God, or another faithful companion, we can find ourselves humming,
“I don't need sunshine now,
To turn my skies at blue --
I don't need anything but you!”

1 comment: