Tuesday, April 21, 2009

God and IT Consultants

God and IT consultants work in mysterious ways.

I’m happy to say that I survived yesterday without trashing any machinery. After doing every tricky maneuver I could think of to get my monitor back online I did what any reasonable person does… I called IT. They walked me through everything I had just tried. Yep, still not working. Arg!!!
Well, we’ll come out tomorrow and take a look at it.
Alright, but it may not be in one piece by then.


Breathe. Sleep.

So my mother, in all her infinite wisdom and sensing my near hostile mood, sent me Psalm 23 for the workplace. IT sent Doug. Doug tried everything from yesterday then said, “Oh. Your switch is broken. I’ll grab a new one from the car.” And wouldn’t you know… it works.

You know all those times when you do everything right, try as hard as you can, and things just don’t seem to work out… isn’t it nice that at least every once in a while you fix a switch and presto! Good as new!

I can’t loan out Doug, but at least I can pass on the Psalm.

The Lord is my real boss,
and I shall not want.
He gives me peace, when chaos is all around me.
He gently reminds me to pray before I speak
and to do all things without murmuring and complaining.
He reminds me that He is my Source
and not my job.
He restores my sanity every day
and guides my decisions that I might honor Him in everything I do.
Even though I face absurd amounts of emails, system crashes,
unrealistic deadlines, budget cutbacks, gossiping co-workers,discriminating supervisors, and an aging body that doesn't cooperate every morning,
I will not stop-- for He is with me!
His presence, His peace, and His power
will see me through.
He raises me up,
even when they fail to promote me.
He claims me as His own,
Even when the company threatens to let me go.
His faithfulness and love
are better than any bonus check.
His retirement plan beats every 401K there is!
When it's all said and done,
I'll be working for Him a whole lot longer;
and for that,
I bless His name.

No comments:

Post a Comment