Thursday, April 30, 2009

Puzzels

Ever since I was little, I’ve always loved puzzles – things I can fix and finish on my own. But, there are just times when we can’t fix things our self. I really struggled with that idea- that I had to just put my trust in God and wait it out. A while ago, before we were married, Mike and I were discussing faith. I told him that the only way I’ve made it through some of the obstacles in my life is by sheer blind faith. When he asked what I meant by that, I told him I thought blind faith is putting your head down, barreling through a problem and knowing things will work out, not just hoping they will.

Through those difficult times, my mother and I took great comfort in a passage from Jeremiah 29.

For surely I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for your welfare and not for harm, to give you a future with hope. Then when you call upon me and come and pray to me, I will hear you. When you search for me, you will find me; if you seek me with all your heart, I will let you find me, says the Lord. -- Jeremiah 29:11-14

When times get frustrating, the puzzle pieces don’t seem to fit and it feels like there is no purpose in some trials, screaming at the top of our lungs does sometimes feel better. But, with a little faith, blind or not, we can remember that God has a hopeful future planned for us and sometimes He’s just working His purpose out.

1 comment:

  1. You probably never heard me singing this hymn. It is from my youth and my mom's church. You can find it a oremus.org/hymnal or ask Tim for a copy. He found it for me back in the years when I was humming it a lot. God Is Working His Purpose Out by Arthur Ainger

    By the way, I loved the Mother's Day card, and your post.

    ReplyDelete