Friday, April 17, 2009

Raindrops

I’m trying to remember what I used to do, when I was a kid, on rainy days. I loved to color. Watch Disney movies. Play make-believe. Work on a puzzle.

I wonder what she’s doing today. It’s too wet to go outside and swing or run through the grass. Is she bored, or lost in her own world?

I think the hardest part, the part that hurts the most, is the wondering. God how I wish I could know her.

I get this tight knot in the back of my throat that burns like fire. My eyes well up. It just hurts. Why does it still hurt this much?

One thing I used to love was sitting down with warm popcorn. Maybe she does too. So, I’m just going to sit here with some popcorn and listen to the rain against the windows.

1 comment:

  1. Kat,

    Your words made my chest tighen & my eyes water. Because in them, I found truth.

    I am reminded of these words of Elizabeth Barrett Browining...

    "And truth outlives pain, as the soul does life."

    Keep writing. You're good.

    ReplyDelete