Sunday, June 20, 2010

A family affair

This weekend was off to an exciting start. My sister Amy had a little girl on Friday afternoon, Rowan – she’s a cutie by the way – so I got to spend some family time Friday night. Then, my dad joined me for my Saturday morning run. Two items of great note: First, I successfully woke up at 4:40 again. Second, it’s really fun to make running a family affair. Not sure where it is on my dad’s list of Father’s Day memories, but getting to enjoy a quick 4-miler with him was pretty cool.

Back in April, my family attempted to run a half marathon together. We were all going to run a race down in Houston together, but thanks to some awesome Bon Jovi tickets from my husband, we couldn’t make it down to Houston. So, we all ran together in spirit – me and Mike in Dallas and Dad and Emily in Houston. My sister finished her run in about 2:00, I crossed at 2:05 and my dad rocked a 2:09. Pretty solid for the Frye family! But I missed out on that once in a lifetime bonding moment there. A four-mile run certainly isn’t a half marathon complete with photo ops and medals, but it’s still a memory I wouldn’t have thought I’d have about a year ago.

Tonight Mike and I will run a couple of miles together as a great capper to a family filled weekend.

168 days, 939 miles to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment