Monday, June 14, 2010

Something's missing

After sleeping it off and gaining a little perspective, I realized I might be grieving a little today. Every day, since October 24, 2009, I’ve been training to run a half marathon. I’ve absolutely fallen in love with the distance, the trill of training for a race and the energy of race day. Five half marathons in exactly six months, it’s really been dominating my life.

Now today, I wonder when my next half marathon will even be – certainly not before February. I’m going to miss my favorite little race. Of course, I’ll have plenty to train for with the big race coming up, but it’s going to feel weird. I know that I’ll be running a 20K in September, but I imagine that might be my only race before December 5. Maybe I can sneak in the DRC Half in November. I guess the most important thing will be training right for White Rock. Small personal sacrifice will be worth it.

I’m sure once my runners anonymous group gets in full swing I won’t feel like something’s missing. Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment