Monday, June 7, 2010

Milestones

Today Mike and I are celebrating our second anniversary. We’ve shared some fun memories and events, but nothing has been more fun (or made me more proud) than watching Mike take up running with me. This Sunday, while I’m completing my fifth half, Mike will be conquering his first 10K. I only wish I could be there to watch him cross the finish line.

I’ve been looking into running groups as I’m beginning my training for the full in December. It’s amazing the difference a great training partner can make. The best races I’ve run have been when I had someone to run beside, someone to distract me or keep me focused, someone to make me laugh or push me to the end.

I think that’s life. We could do this one our own, I suppose. But having my best friend right alongside me, it just makes every day of life enjoyable. I can’t wait for the day Mike’s ready to run alongside me, or even better, the days I have to push myself to keep up with him. For now, I’ll try to be the best cheerleader a runner/walker can have – just like he was my greatest fan when I started this crazy journey.

182 days, 974 miles to go

No comments:

Post a Comment